About Dr. Constance Avery-Clark
AASECT-Certifited Diplomate in Sex Therapy
Cognitive-Behavioral & Relationship Practitioner
Depth & Jungian-Oriented Therapist
I have been an active and successful private clinical practitioner and psychologist for nearly 30 years, providing therapy for couples’ and individuals’ sexual, intimacy, and relationship concerns and enhancement in South Florida.
Licensed Psychologist in Boca Raton, Florida
Co-Director, Institute for Sexual & Relationship Therapy & Training
Depth and Jungian-Oriented Practitioner
AASECT-Certified Diplomate in Sex Therapy
AASECT-Certified CE Provider
Certified Sex Therapist, American Board of Sexology
Member of the American Psychological Association
Co-Owner, Institute for Sexual & Relationship Therapy & Training
Vice-President and Program Chair of the Center for Jungian Studies of South Florida
Education & Training
- Masters & Johnson Institute six-month traineeship in sex and relationship therapy
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Southern California
- Ph.D., Psychology-Jungian Studies, Saybrook University
- B.A., Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Connecticut College
Licensure & Certification
- Licensed Psychologist, Florida, PY #3980
- Diplomate in Sex Therapy, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Diplomate in Sex Therapy, American Board of Sexology
- Certified Sex Therapist, AASECT
- Continuing Education Provider, American Psychological Association
- Continuing Education Provider, AASECT
Professional Associations & Board Affiliations
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) – Member
- Certified Diplomate in Sex Therapy, and Continuing Education Provider
- American Board of Sexology – Diplomate in Sex Therapy
- American Psychological Association – Member & Continuing Education Provider
- Center for Jungian Studies of South Florida (CJSSF), Vice-President and Program Committee Chair, 2009-present
I specialize in sexual and relationship problems as well as depressive, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, impulse control, self-identity disorders, and meaning-of-life issues.
and Intensive, Sex & Relationship Therapy
I completed my first Ph.D., in Clinical Psychology, from the University of Southern California, focusing on intensive, cognitive-behavioral approaches to helping resolve sexual and relationship concerns. I then trained and worked for five years as a Clinical & Research Associate at Masters & Johnson Institute where the entire field of sex and relationship therapy was developed. I also participated in a training practicum in short-term therapy under Albert Ellis at the Rational-Emotive-Behavioral Institute.
Clinical Psychology and In-Depth
Intimacy, Relationship, and Individual Therapy
However, over the years, my clients have taught me that there is often more to their sexual and intimate relationships, and more to their individual lives, than short-term, intensive therapy can address. So I recently completed a second Ph.D. in the Psychology of Jungian Studies, examining sexual and relationship therapy from a depth perspective under the direction of James Hollis, Ph.D., an expert in the more profound dynamics of intimate relationships.
Integrating Intensive and In-Depth
Sex, Relationship, and Individual Therapy
Now I work with couples and individuals from whatever therapeutic approach is most appropriate to resolve their sexual and relationship concerns, enhance their intimacy, and enlarge their personal development within their relationships. I emphasize the integration of practical, here-and-now, sexual, communications, thought, and feelings management skills with more deeply rooted, dynamic explorations of their intimacy and individual concerns.
Training & Events
Workshops, Conferences, and Continuing Education Opportunities
Workshops & Conferences
I present regularly at professional workshops and conferences on sexuality, intimacy relationships, individual development within relationships, and meaning-in-life concerns.
I regularly attend and present at Continuing Education conferences, seminars, and workshops to stay updated on latest developments in the fields of sexuality, intimacy, relationships, and individual concerns within the relationship context.
I have published, lectured, and spoken nationally on radio and television, on matters of intimacy, sexuality, women and stress, and the problems of dual-career couples, including an appearance on the TODAY SHOW.
In the past I have…
Served as Clinical and Research Associate at Masters & Johnson Institute in St. Louis for five years, assessing and treating sexual dysfunctions and disorders, intimacy and relationship distresses, and sexual and physical victimization.
Served as President of the South Florida Society for Trauma-Based Disorders.